1 lb. dry red beans
1 lb. smoked sausage, chopped into rounds
6 cups chicken broth
1 onion, finely diced
1 bell pepper, finely diced
2 stalks of celery, finely diced
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2-1 teaspoon Tony Chachere's original Creole seasoning (depending on how spicy you want it)
2 bay leaves
1 Tablespooon Worcestershire sauce
Salt, to taste
Tabasco sauce (optional topping)
Green Onions (optional topping)
1. Place the red beans, sausage, chicken broth, onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, thyme, Tony Chachere's original creole seasoning, bay leaves, and Worcestershire sauce in slow cooker. Stir to combine.
2. Cook on high for 6 hours.
3. Discard bay leaves.
4. Take out about 1/2 cup of the beans and mash them with a fork or run them through a food processor with a little of the juice to make them creamy.
5. Add the creamed beans back into the slow cooker and stir until well-combined.
6. Taste, and add salt to your liking.
7. Serve over hot rice, and top with a dash of hot sauce and some green onions (optional).