I have good news, friends. No, I'm not pregnant (hehe). But I am going to try to blog more consistently in 2012! Now let's see if Liam will cooperate and start sleeping through the night so that his Mama can be alert enough to put words together! Haha!
By the way, Merry Belated Christmas! I hope yours was as wonderful as mine. Here are a few things I will remember about Christmas 2011:
1. It was Liam's first Chrismtas
2. Silas' priceless expression each and every time he opened a gift.
3. I came to the personal realization that I'm in a season of motherhood where Christmas crafts and Christmas baking and pretty holiday cards are not a top priority. And that's okay. I'll have more years without little ones than I will with little ones. I chose to enjoy a simple Christmas, void of all the stress that comes with trying to do more than I can handle. And I think that's the best gift I could have given my family this year.
4. This was my first Christmas without any grandparents. I will remember how special it was to see my family come together after the loss of my grandmother on my Dad's side. Thanks to my Uncle who opened his home to all of us and made it a very memorable Christmas Eve.
(The littlest family member, Liam, was napping at the time of this picture. Also, Baby Carson was born 2 days after this picture was taken.)
5. When we walked into church on Sunday morning, Silas immediately told me that he was going to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, and he sure did. He made his way in and out of the rows wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. It brought such joy to my heart.
6. Silas and his cousin Ethan enjoyed running around on Christmas Day with their new sports gear on.
7. Liam had pretty much the same expression in every photo. I think it translates: Give me more food!
8. Amidst all the new toys, bubble wrap was still a huge hit.
9. Christmas day ended with my all of my immediate family gathered around the fire reminiscing about our childhood. We laughed till we cried. It was the perfect ending to a very Merry Christmas.
10. The only thing that was lacking this year was not being able to spend time with Kevin's family. They were in St. Lucia for Christmas, and we missed them dearly. We look forward to celebrating with them when they return.
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE CELESTIN'S!
Thanks to my sister Sara who took all of our Christmas pictures this year. Without her I probably would not have any photo memories of Christmas 2011! Thanks, Sara!!
"Give me more food!" ~Liam